Korean pop or Korean popular music is commonly known as K-Pop. It is a combination of the electronic genre, hip pop, rock, and R&B music. This form of music originated in South Korea and very popular among the youth. Some of the random songs of K-POP are So Good Bye- Jonghyum, Hello- Shine, Ring Ding Dong- Shine, HaruHaru- Big Bang, Stand By Me- Shinee, Lies – Big Bang, Romantic- Shinee, Tonight – Big Bang, Juliette- Shinee, Jojo-Shinee, Supa Luv- Teen Top, Love Like This- SS501, Abandoned – Jay Park, Billionaire- Han HaeftZico and Hoot –SNSD.
How Did It All Start?
Thirty years ago, K-POP was not a familiar term, but today, this music genre has gained a lot of popularity through its pop and genre music. This form of music was started by Lee Soo-man, who founded SM entertainment in 1989. In 1992 SeoTaiji and boys had made debut their first show that made the Korean music industry famous. The groups that made K-POP so popular are Highfive teenagers, TVXQ, Super junior, big bang, kara, and SNSD. The Gangnam style that reached 1 billion views also contributed to its popularity.
Benefits Of Being A K-POP Fan:
- Learn a language better: Learning a new language may seem steep at first sight, but learning Korean with K-POP is simple as one can learn new phrases and words by listening to music that makes learning fun
- Be a well-rounded person: The fans become well-rounded as it expands their horizon. The music helps the listeners to learn about their origin, food, and culture
- Help your mind relax: K-POP music helps the brain to produce dopamine that helps the mind relax during painful and challenging times. These are not just facts but also scientifically proven
Why has K-POP gained so much popularity?
- Costumes and colors: The creative color and costumes that consist of makeup, outfits, etc. used in the videos help it to create a more magnificent theme and vision. The colorful themes have helped K-POP gain so much popularity
- Storytelling: K-POP music helps listeners to visualize many things as a story via songs that make the music meaningful, helping it gain more popularity
- Fashion: The fans learn a lot about fashion and styling from K-POP stars as they don’t shy from trying unique styles. Their originality surpasses the western stars that fetch fans’ attention
Nations that are the biggest fans of K-POP:
The countries that have the largest fan base are, Malaysia 3.1% of total views on Youtube, Mexico 4.3%, Brazil 4.4%, Philippines and Japan have 6.8% of the total views, the USA 7.4%, Vietnam has recently gained popularity with 7.4% of total views, Thailand 8.1%, Indonesia 9.9%, and Korea is home to K-POP music, has 10.1% of the total views, and tops the viewership count.
Thus, the internet era has helped idol groups and fans to be connected that has secured popularity for K-POP music.
Follow AsiaTechDaily for more ecosystem news.